Monday, June 20, 2011

Nursery Inspirations

Another dull day at work which leads to blogging.  This weekend I went with one of my good friends and her husband to a little town in East Texas to visit her folks and other assorted family members (of her family, not mine) for the weekend, while the little lady stayed at home, feeling pukey.  I had a great time, even though it was hot as hell.  But to be fair, all of Texas is hot as hell right now.  It was fun to see some of the wild life- on the way we saw probably 10 deer, some cows "making love", a huge opossum outside a grocery store, what I think might have been some sort of wild pig, plus the chickens that her parents raise along with dogs dogs dogs.  While I was having a good time, S was sick.  Poor thing is so tired of being sick.  She is religiously taking her anti-nausea pills and eats lots of small meals and chews on wint-o-green mints and crackers and drinks ginger ale and nothing seems to help that much.  She really hasn't been craving anything, but has some serious aversions.  Right now she has no interest in bacon, can sometimes drink milk, is funny about meat right now in general, and is not into veggies.  The only thing she has any real interest in is pasta, garlic bread, and blueberry muffins.  Oh and S totally has a tiny baby belly!  If you weren't looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice, but of course I'm looking for it, and it is very very cute.

Decorating the nursery has been on my mind this weekend (well more than this week, obviously).  I'm hoping to get it painted in the next two weeks so that maybe we can move to phase two in the next month or so, which is getting a crib and other furniture type stuff to go in the room.  S and I agreed that we really love gray for the nursery and have picked a color (it's pretty close to the color of the 6th picture posted below) and agreed that a white crib will look best.  So the fan will be going back this week (today or tomorrow I hope?) and the quest to find/make fun art and mobiles continues.  Here are some photos of great gray nurseries I found online last week to serve as inspiration for us.  Enjoy.  Oh and be sure to notice the super cute bedding in the 5th picture!  I want!
-Liz

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! I especially love the contrast of the green dresser in the gray room (and the way the whites and other colors pop)!

    ReplyDelete