Monday, April 4, 2011

Back on the Wagon

I’m starting Weight Watchers, again, today.  I’ve been doing it on and off for years now.  It works really well, but only if you do it.  My method these last 4 months has been to pay for it and ignore it, which if you were thinking about doing it that way, I don’t recomend it.  It doesn’t work, it’s the darndest thing.  So I stepped on the scale this morning and egads!  So I’m counting points again as of today and I’m going to do their walking challenge, which is basically just a walking program to get you up to being able to do a 5k.  I start today with a 10 minute walk, which seems totally do-able.  With the up coming insemination and possiblity of an actual baby in this house, it really hit me that I have to get into better shape.  I have ALOT of weight to loose, but I think if I could just loose 50 lbs before the baby is born I’d feel much better.  So that is my goal, 50 lbs before the baby is born, which seeing as how the baby isn’t even concieved yet, gives me plenty of time.  And just to make myself extra accountable, I’ll post every Monday on here how much I’ve lost for the week.  Maybe some social pressure will keep me going.  So dear readers, keep me honest!

In other news, I’ve had the whole house to myself this weekend.  It has been glorious.  I’ve missed S, who is in Oklahoma visiting one of her best friends one last time- have a last “party” weekend, but I’ve needed the alone time.  I’ve been working really hard on converting my art studio from a crap hole into some place you’d actually want to go and do art.  I’ll post pictures in a week or two once it is done.  And all of the moving of furniture, stripping of wallpaper, and painting has left me very very sore.  I could hardly get out of bed this morning.  I was a afraid I’d thrown out my back, which I do every once in a while, but I managed to get moving eventually.

Alright so I’m going to go back to cleaning the house and working on the studio so hopefully when S comes back from Oklahoma and our roomie comes back from England tomorrow, things will be looking nice and clean!
-Liz

1 comment:

  1. That's funny--paying for my gym membership and never going hasn't done anything for me, either! Good luck with the renewed effort! And hurray for the studio! You'll get so much more done if it's inviting in there!

    ReplyDelete