I can’t believe today is my last day at work. Starting tomorrow I begin my life as a stay at home mom. Wow. I never thought that this would actually happen and I still feel like it isn’t happening, like I’m going on some vacation that everyone is just really interested in. This isn’t the world’s best job, but in a lot of ways it has been a really good job for me.
Things I will miss:
- Getting a paycheck. I wasn’t making the best money, but it was the most I’ve ever made and certainly made a big difference in our finances.
- The people. I worked with some awesome people. My students mostly were annoying, but the other trainers and managers were great.
- My boss. I had a great boss. How many people can say that they will miss their boss? Probably not many. I was lucky to have such a good one for so long.
- Adult interaction. Not going to get a lot of that in the future with the little man.
- Quiet lunches surfing the internet. Again, not much of that in my future.
Things I will NOT miss:
- Some of the annoying/ghetto people who work here. I have a girl in class this week who has been wearing a Dora the Explorer Snuggie all week and the same girl argued with me about the greater than and less than signs for like 5 minutes and couldn’t accept that she was totally wrong. Erg!
- Writing people up. I hate that part of the job.
- Firing people. Sometimes it’s not so bad when they really deserve it, but when they don’t totally, it can be hard.
- Answering the same DUMB questions over and over again. And yes, there is such thing as a dumb question, don’t let teachers lie to you.
- Having to be away from my baby boy so much. I’m looking forward to spending more time with him.
- Enforcing stupid rules. Like dress code. I hate having to tell people that their skirt is too short or that they are showing too much cleavage or their Capri pants are an inch too short.
- 8am traffic and 5pm traffic.
- Being under florescent lighting all day long and never getting to go outside.
- Sitting down so much of the day or being on my feet all day long teaching. There is never a happy medium.
- Having to be here even when there is nothing to do. That is especially annoying being on salary. If there is no work, you shouldn’t have to be there!
Also, yesterday my little boy hit two months! Unbelievable! And the talk with Out Youth last night went really well, thank you for all of your input!