Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day One- Basil


We took our first steps to pregnancy. We bought a Basal thermometer. Just so you know, it is Bah-sal (like a sheep), not like the herb. It is a specific thermometer that takes temps to the tenth of the degree. This is important, for all you non fertility seekers, because there is a dip and then a spike when the egg is dropped. I am to chart my temp at the same time every morning without moving before I do it. I asked the wife if she would just stick the thing in my mouth when my alarm goes off and she is not down with that. so, I will set an alarm for 6am every morning and do it and write it down and then either go off to work or go back to bed.

We also bought pregnancy vitamins. Actually called pre-natal vitamins. I complained about them because they make your hair and nails grow and mine already grow to fast for my liking. The wife said to, “cut the crap. I don’t want to hear about your nails and hair growing. It’s not like they will grow suddenly and you can’t leave the house because they are growing so fast.” Well, no, but it is a pain because I like my hair short and I have to get it cut all the time as it is.
So, I took my first pre natal vitamin. Okay, check, but then I wonder, if we are not trying for 3 months, why am I taking them now. The wife says it’s because I should be taking a vitamin anyways. Fine.

Then, I decide to “practice” with the thermometer. I take my temp and then read that I am to use rubbing alcohol to clean it. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE. First step to pregnancy and I did it wrong. Damn. What if the thermometer has been put in a dog’s butt before I placed it into my mouth. Aw jeez. So, I run to the bathroom and rinse my mouth with mouthwash. There, better. Now I try to wash the thermometer(which I from here on will name Basil) with hydrogen peroxide, which is not rubbing alcohol I am informed. Epic fail for step one. Me and Basil have to get better at this if I am to ever become preggie!!

That’s all for now. I will write more of a how did we get here and such moving forward. Day one of possibly trying to get preggie….done!
-S

1 comment:

  1. "cut the crap. I don’t want to hear about your nails and hair growing."
    lol- that sounds exactly like what i would think she would say. haha

    ReplyDelete