Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amazing

If I had to describe 2011 in one word, that is the word I would use.  This year has been amazing for us and I can’t believe it is almost over.  At the start of last year we were thinking about having a baby, getting our finances together, becoming serious adults.  And now at the start of 2012 we will be days away (OK possibly weeks) from the birth of our first son.  I cannot believe how far things have come for us this year and I couldn’t be more excited for what 2012 has in store for us.

I was really wanting Jude to be born in 2011 and I guess he only has a few hours to make his appearance if that is to happen.  I don’t think that it will, but we are still hopeful that he will possibly come sometime next week.  I know he isn’t due till the 23rd but babies are being born all around us and I’m getting so jealous!  A couple in our birthing class ended up having to be induced and they had their baby on the 28th and then yesterday a high school friend whose baby is due a few days after Jude went into labor and had her baby.  And seeing how both of their babies were over 7lbs and everyone is happy and healthy it makes me think that he should just go ahead and make his appearance too.  We have been trying to get S to go into labor by feeding her lots of spicy food.  I told her to do some jumping jacks to shake him loose but she just won’t.  She had 3-4 contractions yesterday and 1-2 the day before, but that is all that has happened so far.  I’m very curious to find out next week at her doctor’s appointment if she is dilated at all.

Happy New Years Eve and see you all next year!
-Liz

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that 2011 was so good to you. I can only imagine how wonderful you will find 2012! Our little boy would tell you that January 11th is a good birth date. ;)

    ReplyDelete