Monday, November 28, 2011

Sick

Ugh, I'm sick.  I've been sick since Friday and I'm really tired of it.  I can't tell if it is allergies or an actual cold, but either way, it sucks.  Being sick while you are at home isn't too bad, lying on the couch, watching movies and taking naps.  But being sick at work is the worst.  I'm sniffling, coughing, my head feels fuzzy, my throat hurts and I feel hot and then cold.  And it's just too busy at work for me to call out and take a sick day.  Also, medicine wise, nothing is helping.  I'm taking combos of allergy medicine and cold medicine and in the end I just feel dehydrated and weird.  I'm hoping that this funk I'm in is allergy related and goes away soon because I have so much to do this week.  Our Austin baby shower is this weekend and so my mother in law and brother in law are coming into town to go and are staying with us.  Which means that I've got to get the house cleaned, go grocery shopping, work, get over my cold, go to birthing class and pick up a few last minute things for the shower all by Thursday because they get here Friday right after work.  Too much to do when all you want to do is lay in bed. 

But I am really looking forward to our baby shower.  It's going to be so much fun.  S and I went and got 12 bottles of champagne last week for Mimosas along with prizes for our diaper raffle.  I'm also looking forward to our last ultrasound on Friday.  We are taking S's mom to do a 3D ultrasound since she wasn't here to go to the last one.  Of course, now that we have done so many and already booked and paid for our last one is when we get flooded with information from our birthing class and what to expect emails about the dangers of ultrasounds.  I'm not too worried about it, but I wish I had known there was any sort of risk/issue with them before we went and had 6 of them.  Of course, 4 of them were with our doctor's office so we couldn't control that.  Oh well.  I'm still looking forward to seeing our baby boy.
Hope everyone week is starting out a bit better than mine!
-Liz

4 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this but you are sick. It hit me Saturday evening and you just described EXACTLY what I have. :( I am hoping it passes soon for both you and me! Feel better xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on being sick. :( Sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Liz! I hope you feel better super soon!!! R.

    ReplyDelete