Saturday, November 12, 2011

Peaceful Saturday Night

     It’s 9:30 on Saturday night and I’m drinking a glass of cold, sweet sangria in my living room.  The windows are open and there is a slight cool breeze coming in.  The house is so quite, the little lady went to bed five minutes ago, I have a new book downloaded to the kindle and Saturday Night Live is on in an hour.  I spent the afternoon making delicious carnitas and then after dinner curled up in bed with the little lady to watch a movie in bed.  It has been a wonderful, quiet, peaceful Saturday night and I couldn’t be happier.

      I’m really making an effort to treasure this time, as it fully hit me earlier today just how little of this time we have left.  And don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t be more excited to have this baby on the way, to be a mother in ten short weeks.  I can’t wait for everything to change and get flipped upside down by my little Jude.  And it’s happening so soon that I can’t help but feel like my days like this are numbered and not to be squandered.

     Ten more weeks till our little one is here, ten more Saturdays like this one.  It also freaks me out that I still have so much left to do around the house before he is here and I don’t actually have ten Saturdays to do it all, I actually only have six.  Between Thanksgiving, a baby shower, Christmas, and New Years, all being such busy times, I’m crossing them off the list of potential days to get anything done.  So tomorrow it’s time to crack the whip and get to work.  So that is the plan, to get started tomorrow.

    But tonight, tonight is for drinking sangria, enjoying the breeze, and crossing my fingers that Saturday Night Live is actually funny tonight.
Hope your evening is as pleasant as mine.
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment