Can you believe it? 8 more weeks until I am 40 full weeks. I told Jude he can come anytime after January 8th. That is when one of my managers gets back from vacation and it is far enough from the holidays that his birthday will not be overlooked by anyone:)
I had a Drs. apt today and gained .6 lbs over the past 2 weeks. I am unsure how considering I feel like all I have done is EAT! I am starving all the time. I eat and then 30 minutes later, I eat some more. The total weight gain at this point is 17.6 lbs. Liz said, “I just don’t know how you can be so huge and only have gained that much?! No offense.” Thanks babe;)
This belly is large and in charge. (I just like that it rhymes) I must say, there are certain things that have made this pregnancy good and I suggest if you are pregnant, that you get them:
1. Cheese and nuts. Quick, easy protein that is delicious
2. A “boat ramp” as Liz calls it. I have these little wedges that are for pregnancy massage that go under preggie bellies. Life saver on comfort. You just lay it under the belly when side lying and it feels so comfy.
3. A body pillow, or monkey. I use a large monkey and arrange him comfortably, but most normal people would probably prefer a body pillow. (Liz is really embarrassed that I want the monkey to go to the hospital with us. I figure if I am going to have tons of people staring at my private parts, she can carry a large monkey thru the hospital. She can always tie a bow on him to make it look like he is for Jude)
4. An exercise ball. No, not for exercise, but to roll your poor confused tail bone around on so it goes back to the place where it doesn’t hurt you:)
5. A fan on my side of the bed. Poor Liz was freezing, so my own personal fan makes it so that I am not burning up all the time.
Everything is going fine as far as Jude goes. The dr, who is very laid back anyways, usually comes in and as long as my blood pressure and weight are fine, she measures the belly and says, “see you in 2 weeks”. After my appointment in 2 weeks, they will start having me go to weekly appointments. Crazy, right? how did we get this far along. Liz and I still marvel at how we are about to bring a bouncing baby boy into this world. We wanted a baby for so long and it took us a while to get to the right place in our lives to do it, and then he took the first time and here we are. 8 weeks away from having our squirmy, poopy, amazing son here with us. Amazing!
The weather has been amazing. I finally let Liz turn on the heat at 66 degrees last night. Our house has been getting down to 61 degrees at night and I have been loving every second of it!
We have our Austin baby shower this weekend and it is going to be a blast! The hostest with the mostest has made a trivia game with 48 baby related trivia questions with 3 baby related activities between rounds. There are going to be cupcakes and mimosas and lots of people there to shower little Jude with gifts and love. My mom and brother are even coming to town for it. I get to show my little brother, whose birthday is today and he should be 28 today, my spa. Right now, they put up all the Christmas trees, which are amazing, and he is excited to sit in the steam room and swim. My mom is excited to get a massage when she is here.
I am feeling moody lately. Teary eyed about different things. Most of it is from being excited and joyous, which is good. Yesterday I was mad at all the stuff we have to do for the social worker and today, I am happy to run around and get stuff done all day.
Speaking of the social worker, jeez. 21 pages of questions, 2 hours of interview, a measurement of our house, references from friends and family, the list goes on. All because Liz does not have a penis. Sheesh! We are scrambling to get it all together before Jude gets here, along with all the stuff we need to do before Jude gets here. We have a lot of his stuff done, which is good. I am going to install the base of the car seat today. It looks simple enough:)
Well, I better get back to cleaning before my mom and brother get into town. I hope you are all enjoying this cold weather as much as I am!