Saturday, October 15, 2011

Photo-palooza

   It seems like I have so much to update you all on, our second birthing class, our visit with a lawyer about estate planning and second parent adoption, S’s pregnancy….but instead, because it’s Saturday and because I’m in the middle of making a birthday cake and cleaning my house for a small dinner party tonight, I think I’ll just share some pictures of what we have been up to this week.  Oh, and S officially has less than 100 days till Jude’s due date!  Can you believe it?  I was telling S last night that it seems like just yesterday that it was May and she was telling me she was pregnant.  Time is going by so fast, I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that she is almost 7 months pregnant and I’m going to get to see my little baby boy’s face in less than 100 days.  Yay!
    Back to pictures.  I’ve been wanting to hang a mirror in the nursery to open it up a bit and reflect some of the light from the window, but I’ve been having a hard time finding anything that wasn’t like $150.  Then I realized I had the perfect mirror already hanging in our guest room.  The mirror actually used to be my friend Brandon’s in high school and then when we lived together I ended up with it.  It used to be black and I spray painted the frame red to match the room better.
  Another awesome update to the nursery is my friend Jason made an amazing lamp for Jude’s room.  Jason has a knack for lamps and I couldn’t love the one he made for us more, it fits the room perfectly.
In case it’s hard to see, it’s covered in plastic dinosaurs!  Jude’s going to love it!  I also made some more art for the nursery last night that I think turned out pretty good.

Lastly, I will leave you with a picture of S this week, looking very cute and pregnant!
-Liz

2 comments:

  1. the nursery is so cute!....love the lamp and the artwork!...and you look beautiful rooms!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is SO DARNED CUTE! Seriously: that little boy is one lucky lucky person. And I can't believe we're under 100 days. Just, wow. R.

    ReplyDelete