Thursday, August 1, 2013

Surgery Monday

So I meant to update things here after seeing the Oncologist, but obviously didn't get to it.  Sigh.  This week has felt crazy. The appointment went well, though not sure that we have any more answers even though we were there for almost 2 hours. They are running another test to see if they can find out for sure if it is uterine cancer before operating, but they wont know the results of that till tomorrow.  I'm going to be on pins and needles tomorrow waiting for that call. They think I have an ovarian cyst also but aren't sure exactly what it is. So it is possible that I have either uterine cancer or ovarian cancer or both or neither. On Monday they are going to do an open surgery.  They will be taking for sure one ovary and my uterus. They may need to take out my other ovary as well as other stuff depending on if they find cancer or not and what type if they do. I'll be in the hospital 3-5 days. 

My Mom, Dad, and brother are all coming into town to support me and S, which is really nice.  I'm nervous about the whole thing and hoping for the best.  I'll be glad to get this unknown part over with either way.  So, prayers, good vibes, all that sort of stuff is appreciated.
-Liz

6 comments:

  1. I'm hopeful that everything goes well... sending good vibes from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and good vibes and ALL of it. I hope surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is quick. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good vibes and healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all! So glad that you have the support you need from S and rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for good news soon. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the surgery. Will be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete