Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Withdrawal Ain’t Pretty

Well after my sad sack post yesterday a good friend saw it and immediately knew what was going on- I was going through withdrawals from stopping my pain meds.  Luckily she was able to come right over and keep me from losing it and had me call my doctor to see what to do.  So now I’ve gotten a few withdrawal meds to help me through the week and I already feel a lot better.  I guess I just never really realized what serious drugs I was taking and I was taking quite a lot.  And my reasoning was when the nurse at the doctors office was like why would you do that is that they were for pain and I wasn’t in any pain anymore so I didn’t see a reason to keep taking them.  I have a few other meds that I know I can’t just stop taking cold turkey that I need to be weened off them, but no one ever warned me about these.  I guess because of a few small incidents with the office they thought I was a pill seeker and wouldn’t want to stop taking them, which is sucky and judgemental on their part.  But oh well, I’m on the mend and the pain killers are hidden away so there is no temptation and I think I’m not going to cry all day to today, so that makes for a much better day!
-Liz

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the issue sorted out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank goodness. Liz, it has to just get better from here. I know recovery won't be painless but you're such a wonderful and strong woman, you're going to be back with vengeance when this is all said and done. Let me know if I can do anything. I love you!

    ReplyDelete