Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Alone and Sad

I don’t know whats wrong with me today, but something is.  I’ve been looking forward to today, the first day at home by myself after surgery.  I feel great, I’m only taking some Tylenol at this point and physically can do what I want aside from pick up Jude.  But I’m so sad and I don’t know why.  I’ve been crying all morning for no good reason at all.  Am I depressed?  I know I have been depressed with all of this going on but now everything is better.  It’s been five days now since surgery so surly it’s not from the anesthesia at this point (I had a weepy day or two after surgery which I think was from the anesthesia).  I don’t know.  I can do whatever I want and all I can manage to do so far is lay in bed and cry.

Speaking of crying, Jude has been out of control crying boy around here.  Again, I don’t know what it is, as he is in a great mood for his sitter or anyone else watching him, but if we are at home and inside then he is crying and throwing a fit 90% of the time.  It is exhausting and it really feels so personal, like he hates us.  This weekend wasn’t too bad but then we also stayed as busy as possible and went outside and out and about as much as possible.  Poor S is so tired as being post surgery I can’t keep up with him or pick him up yet.  She needs a vacation from this crying family of hers!
-Liz

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling down. :( You've been through a lot so don't be too hard on yourself.

    As for Jude, he doesn't hate you. On the contrary, kids act out at home because they trust you. It's their safe place to let loose. Especially when they've been good for someone else all day. That being said, I can't stand being home with my kids. LOL. I always plan at least one outing when I'm alone with them because they go stir crazy in the house and so do I.

    Hang in there and keep us posted on how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon is totally right. She took the words out of my mouth. My kids are the same way -- they are good for sitters and cry a lot more with me because they are being themselves. And we have to get the kids outside from time to time. Staying in for too long is tough. We're so excited the weather is getting better. It was a looooong winter here in Chicago being cooped up with infants in a small apartment!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the recover is going well so far.
    I get being sad for no explainable reason. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete