Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Working mom

It is interesting to be the one who gave birth to Jude and the one who went back to work and Liz stayed home.  Some days, it is really, really hard to go to work and leave my little family here.  I still a few times a week find myself in tears either coming or going because I just want to be with my baby and my wife.  Some days, it is simple and I feel fulfilled.  I go to work and then I come home and spend the last hour or two with Jude and then I get a few hours to myself before I do it all over again.

The best thing about my job right now is the schedule.  It is all over the place which means I get mornings with Jude (and Liz gets to sleep in) when I work PM which is about 1/2 the time.  It does mean that I get up with him at 5:30am and get home from work about 11pm that night, which makes for a long day, but I just drink some tea with light caffeine if needed.

AMs are hard, but it means I get to see Liz in the evenings.  I only get to see Jude for a few hours at night, but he gets up early enough that I set my alarm for 5:30 am so I can get a shower in before he is done with his bottle and spend 30 minutes with him in the morning before I leave for work.

Does it get easier? Am I ever going to not cling to every second with my baby?  I feel every single second with him is important.  I wonder if eventually I will not be so intense about it.  I just love that little guy sooo much!! :)

On a fun note, I made Jude baby food on my day off.  We went to the farmers market and got sweet potatoes.  I got squash, berries, peas, and apples.  I made squash, sweet potatoes, peas, apple, apple pea and scooped it into little ice cube trays to freeze and then put them in bags.  We have home made baby food for a month and it only took a few hours!  I have been wanting to make his food for a while and finally did and he enjoys it!  Liz helped out and it was a nice little afternoon project for us to do together.

Little man is up, so I have to go!
-S


No comments:

Post a Comment