Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Is Here!

It is starting to get a little bit cooler here in Austin and it is making me so happy.  I love fall and everything about it.  Open windows, long sleeves, pumpkin flavored everything, the holidays will be here soon, it makes me feel so at peace.  Today I finished making a wreath to hang on the front door. I think it turned out pretty cute!


It was super easy to make.  I went to the craft store and got one of those syrafoam rings, wrapped in the gray yarn and then hot glued some felt flowers and leaves onto it that they sold already cut out.  I’m sure I could have bought the felt and made the leaves and flowers myself but these were already so cute and ready to go.  I love a quick craft project that turns out the way you imagined it.

In not so happy new, my cat PJ has gone missing.  He is the best cat that I have ever had.  I got him as a kitten when I was just a freshmen in college.  He even lived in the dorms with me in secret for a month.  He is 12 years old and still just as healthy and playful as ever.  He loves to be outside and it is impossible to keep him inside, so he is an indoor/outdoor cat.  Normally he goes in and out of the house all day long and isn’t normally gone for more than 5 or 6 hours tops.  But now we haven’t seen him in 4 days.  We put up signs around our street and I’ve posted on craigs.list and checked the local shelters but so far no sign of him.  I hope he comes back soon, I’m so worried about him.  Keep your fingers crossed that he comes home!




-Liz

1 comment:

  1. Very cute wreath!
    I hope PJ shows up soon. I understand your distress, I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to our Mo.

    ReplyDelete